Raise your hand if you like farro! For those that don’t know what it is, farro is a whole grain that has a nutty taste, similar to brown rice. It is not gluten-free (although at times it is misleadingly marketed as gluten-free) but it does have LESS gluten than other grains. This make farro a good choice for those with a gluten sensitivity but not for those with a gluten allergy.
Chicken and Farro with Pomegranates
- 1 1/2 cups cooked farro
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 pound organic chicken tenders (boneless and skinless)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Place onion, garlic and oil in large saucepan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook 3-4 minutes each side until cooked though.
- Cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Add cooked farro and chili powder and mix well. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and sliced almonds and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately!
I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!