These biscuits are light and healthy with a savory twist!
These babies are so easy to make. I don’t even have a fancy biscuit cutter, I used the top of one of my mason jars to make the biscuits! You can also use a thicker round cookie cutter too if you aren’t fancy either. Check it out…
See what I mean? It makes a perfect circle!
- ½ cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon unrefined sugar
- ¼ cup ground flax
- ½ cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 slices uncured bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flours, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder, salt, sugar and flax. Work in the coconut oil until the mixture is crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and Greek yogurt until frothy. Add to the dry ingredients, stirring until well blended. The dough will be sticky. Add bacon, cheese and kale. Mix again until combined.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Drop the dough onto the parchment paper or silicone mat and form into a circle in the center of baking sheet. Using a biscuit cutter, round cookie cutter or the lid to a mason jar, cut dough into rounds. There will be between 8-12 depending on the size of your cutter.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
You could definitely substitute spinach for kale if you’d prefer. I also think you could substitute another cheese as well if you’d like. I used Applegate Farms uncured, nitrate-free turkey bacon and it was perfect. Definitely do NOT take out the bacon. It’s necessary. Ok, you can take out the bacon if you’d like or if you don’t eat meat. I won’t hold it against you