With the holidays coming up, I thought I’d make something simple to make and can easily be made into a cheap and delicious gift. You can put these on top of cookies, in salads, in oatmeal or yogurt, Greek yogurt of course! 😉
Pecans are loaded with antioxidants, fiber, vitamins and minerals. They contain healthy fat (monounsaturated fatty acids) and can help lower cholesterol. Yes, they are good for you, but once you put all this deliciousness on them, they are higher in calories. Trust me, you make these once and you will want to make them over and over again. Be careful. You can’t stop at a few. At least I can’t. Everything in moderation. I know, you’re saying, “Here she goes again with that moderation nonsense” but it’s true. Eat what you want in small amounts. No deprivation.
- 8 ounces pecan pieces (roughly 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup 100% maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Place pecans on a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat on top.
- Roast pecans for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a small bowl and mix well. Add toasted pecans and maple syrup mixture to a resealable plastic bag and shake to coat thoroughly.
- Bake is preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until browned, making sure to stir frequently. Allow to cool for a few minutes and break apart. Your house will smell amazing!
Please let me know if you make these and how they come out! I hope you love these as much as I do!