Baked Pumpkin Crunch Oatmeal *Book Review The Baking Beauties*
I was so thrilled to get my hands on the new book, The Everything Guide to Living Gluten-Free and read all of the wonderful content. The author, Jeanine Friesen from The Baking Beauties did such an amazing job of explaining all the important aspects of living gluten-free. This book is so well written and informative and it’s a great resource for anyone who is thinking about going gluten-free or someone who has been gluten-free for years.
Jeanine also provides 100 recipes as well, and when I saw the Baked Pumpkin Crunch Oatmeal, I knew I’d have to make this for my family. And boy was I right, it was delicious. I had to make a second batch right away. The only thing I added was a little ground flax seed. You know I looooooooove my flax! Oh and I made this the night before so all I had to do was pop in in the oven in the morning. Perfect.
Baked Pumpkin Crunch Oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin purée (not pie filling)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 2 cups certified gluten-free oats
- 11⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8" × 8" square baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Pour into lightly greased baking pan, and bake in preheated oven for 30–35 minutes. Let oatmeal sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Please go visit Jeanine’s blog too, you will not be disappointed!