If you are looking for a new healthy quiche recipe, I have a delicious one for you!
Crustless quiches are kind of my go-to meal when I want to lighten up or clean up my diet. They are perfect for any meal and this one is no exception. Crustless quiches are packed with protein, low carb and naturally gluten-free. I only used 3 slices of bacon in this entire quiche. Just enough to give it that awesome bacon flavor. You can certainly add more if you’d like (and I totally get why you’d want to). The same goes for the cheese. I just used a little for taste ( and I’m not a huge cheese lover) but you can certainly add more or even omit it entirely.
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- 6 egg whites, beaten
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 1 pound asparagus, edges trimmed and chopped
- 3 slices nitrate free bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon sweet basil
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9 inch pie pan or 12 count muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray ( I like to use cupcake liners).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in asparagus and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes until bright green and crisp.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Add asparagus and bacon and stir to blend. Scoop into prepared pie pan or muffin tins.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.* I do not like wet eggs and so I prefer to cook and an extra 5 minutes or so until light brown around edges and top.
The beauty of this quiche is that you can use whatever vegetables or cheese you have on hand. Just don’t leave out the bacon!
I make crustless quiches when I go to a brunch or breakfast so I know I am guaranteed to have one healthy dish. And the best part is, it’s always the first dish to be finished! Apparently no one misses the crust! 🙂
Asparagus is my favorite spring vegetable. What vegetable would you like to add to your crustless quiche? Here are some other crustless quiche recipes I have that you might be interested in, Veggie Crustless Quiche and Mushroom and Artichoke Gruyere Crustless Quiche. Thanks for stopping by!