I love wild rice. Some people call it “black rice” for it’s dark, rich color. It’s gluten-free, high in protein, low in fat and high in fiber. It’s Awesome. And look how pretty it is.
This recipe is healthy, easy and delicious. You can add whatever vegetables you like. I LOVED it. And the cool thing about this recipe is although it’s easy, really beautiful and looks like you spent a lot of time on it. I won’t tell if you won’t tell?
Asparagus and Mushroom Wild Rice
- 2 cups wild rice
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- freshly shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Rinse rice in colander.
- Place water in large pot and bring to boil. Add rice, cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for 45 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, place oil, onion and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add salt, mushrooms and tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes until they soften.
- Add asparagus and white wine. Stir to combine. Continue to cook on low heat until liquid is absorbed.
- Mix vegetables with rice and stir well. Serve immediately. top with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Do you like wild rice? How do you prepare it?
Thanks for stopping by!