Thanksgiving is over and it’s time to get into the HOLIDAY SPIRIT!! Bring on the gingerbread 🙂
I love spices. I love pumpkin in the Fall and gingerbread around the holidays and Winter. The sweetness of the apples pair perfectly with these awesome spices. (Feel free to adjust the spices according to your tastes.) The quinoa makes a lovely substitution for a cold morning when you are getting tired of eating oatmeal all the time (like me). And quinoa is a complete protein as well and who doesn’t need some extra protein in the morning?
Apple Gingerbread Quinoa
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup almond milk, feel free to add more in tablespoon increments if you need more
- 1/2 apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon 100% maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (you can use less if you'd like)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Maple syrup for topping
- After quinoa is cooked, remove sauce pan from heat and set aside.
- Put almond milk in sauce pan with sliced apple and mix well.
- Add maple syrup and spices and continue to mix. Put quinoa mixture over low heat and continue to stir until most of the milk is absorbed and apples soften. Serve immediately. ENJOY 🙂
I hope you love this new twist on a warm, healthy breakfast!
Thanks for stopping by~