The whole family will love these light, fluffy and super delicious pancakes. Even those that aren’t vegan will ask for more!
My whole family loves pancakes. I don’t make them often mainly due to the lack of time in the mornings, but when I do I have to double-sometimes triple- the recipe to make sure I have enough for the 5 of us. We all like to eat, and we all like to eat pancakes. So why not make ones that are healthier with whole grains and no refined sugar? These. Are. Awesome.
I wanted to mix it up a bit and steer away from ever so popular Pumpkin Protein Pancakes (which are made all year long) and the Coconut Flour Pancakes (which are always a crowd pleaser). These Apple Cinnamon Pancakes did not disappoint.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, flax, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mix together maple syrup, applesauce and milk in a separate bowl.
- Pur milk mixture into flour mixture and stir until just combined being careful not to over mix. The batter will be thick.
- Add chopped apples and stir to combine.
- Preheat a greased griddle on medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes to get it hot. Place about ⅓ cup of batter onto hot griddle and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Top with extra maple syrup and additional cinnamon and chopped apples if desired.
What kind of pancakes are your favorite? I think I am going to make peanut butter ones next time! Come back to check them out 🙂